Tales of a Mississippian in the world of Big Red, cowboys, and Pine Cove...Welcome to Texas.

Thursday, May 27, 2010


Wow...this has been an incredible week! ORIENTATION! That means that our 950 or so summer staffers have been on camp grounds training to prepare their hearts and minds to shepherd campers this summer. It's going to be incredible. Today we had some quality time discussing our Bible Study and learning how to run activity classes...Here's a photo of our Shores counselors getting into the Word together.
This week I had to talk to the girls about what it means to be rebuked...I really learned alot and my eyes were really opened to the connection of discipline and love. Here are the verses the Lord has used to instruct me...
Proverbs 9:8 "Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you."
Proverbs 28:23 "He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor than he who has a flattering tongue."
Proverbs 27:5 "Better is open rebuke than hidden love."
Ecclesiastes 7:5 "It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools."
The Lord is good, all the time. Lamentations 3 tells me that his compassions never fail. Praise the Lord for his faithfulness!

1 comment:

  1. I Think GOD is our best friend forever
    oh God please forgive me

    your writing make me know how care God to me!!!

    ReplyDelete